If you want to open a store in LA, here’s what you need to do:
1. Pick either Melrose Place or Avenue (either are fine) or Robertson — make sure Jay Luchs is your realtor.
2. Wait three months after you open and then throw a party; hire one of 5 acceptable PR firms to handle your opening (do not attempt this on your own — if you needs recs, email us).
3. Make sure you invite some fashion bloggers, stylists and celebrities to the pre or post-dinner at Chateau Marmont.
4. Let’s reiterate the part about inviting celebrities. If you don’t know any, phone a local celebrity wrangler immediately — it’s well worth the money and if you dont know the right ones to hire, email us and we will tell you!
4. Make a sign (make a couple, actually) that show your guests the suggested social media hashtags. Place them everywhere.
5. If it is the year 2011 or later, do provide a photobooth and several food trucks.
6. Prepare the gift bags. Pile them way too far from the door. Have 6+ interns shuffle them out all night (ask them to crush them up a little).
Here’s who we spotted: Sophia Bush, Jaime King, Aimee Song, Scooter Braun, Joe’s founder Joe Dahan, Tilky Jones (the guy from Nashville), 2 food trucks!, our own Lauren Brokaw with her bffs Lindsey Lerman, Genie Fitzgerald, Kirsten Kay, and Tabby Hall fresh in from London.