Out with the old (James Franco was once tied to this back room project) and in with the new (Nur Khan, Jason Segel, Jack Huston, Holly Wiersma and Vanity Fair’s Krista Smith). The back room, that has been open on select occasions throughout the past year, finally has a permanent set of hours.
Writers opening weekend included: Jason Segel (who is hosting SNL this coming week, and is a Harvard-Westlake alum), Nur Khan, Brent Bolthouse, Darren Criss, Donovan Leitch, Jake Hoffman, Angie Banicki, Ryan Phillippe, Justin Kirk, Krista Smith (Vanity Fair), Corey Feldman (on something, naturally), Sam Kaywanfar, Matt Donnelly, my 2 friends et moi.
Meet the head writers (owners):
- Nur Khan: King of all things NYC night life… like everything he touches in NYC turns to gold.
- Jason Segal: Actor and comedian
- Jack Huston: Boardwalk Empire actor slash ladies man and grandson of John Huston / Nephew of Angelica and Danny Huston … Let’s not forget he is also a Rothschild #NBD.
- Holly Wiserma: Producer and wife of former WMA agent, Cassian Elwes.
- Krista Smith: Vanity Fair editor
= Sounds like a brilliant recipe, n’est pas?
#funfact: Jack acted in Factory Girl which Holly produced.
Other people involved:
- Interior design by Manavi and Gulla Jonsdottir of G + Design (RED O, Hyde revamp, Roosevelt Hotel) who is one of my fav interior designers of the moment.
- Daniel Nelson, former bartender of The Doheny, made me the very delish drink above, although the jury is still out on his bedside manner.
Deja Vu! Similarities to Paul and Andres:
- • Entrance through the back alley (Paul & Andres you enter through a kitchen)
- • Shares Musso & Frank and the Supper Club like Paul & Andres shared Cinespace
- • Brought to you by veteran NYC club owner Nur Khan, like P&A was brought to you by veteran NYC club owner and DJ Paul Sevigny.
The Writers Room
Where: 6685 Hollywood Blvd. (Maps below)
When: Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 9 PM – 2 AM.
While we were waiting for my friend Sara to come out of the bathroom, I saw a man with a backpack go up the stairs above and hang out up there .. Not sure if it’s a loft or where the dj booth is; I shall come back to you with this information!