Seth Macfarlane, Twentieth Century Fox, Brent Bolthouse, and Night Vision Entertainment really out did themselves this time! This was definitely an experience I will not forget… for many reasons. One hour and forty five minutes after checking in, we finally made it to the party!
What took so long? Checking in was not the issue,(Thanks Brett :- )) but there were hundreds of people waiting in line to get the next shuttle… My friends and I decided that we did not want to wait in the freezing cold for the shuttle, so we thought we were going to out smart the situation by waiting for the shuttle to come and then follow it to the party ourselves. That did not go so well considering that it took forty minutes for the shuttle to come back to the check in at 9255 Sunset Blvd. Finally, not one or two shuttles, but three shuttles came to the pick up location and we were off, like Santa and his reindeer! I became very giddy as we pulled up to the house and I saw tons of whimsical decorations and SNOW.
Night Vision Entertainment did an UNBELIEVABLE JOB with this transformation. Upon entering Seth’s wonderland, guests were ushered into an enormous party with goodies and new surprises at every corner! Every time I thought I had seen the whole party, there was another room or another whole area, decked out.
Being from LA and only experiencing a few real winters (elsewhere), it was great to feel like I was in a real winter wonderland… ready with snow, reindeer, enormous nut crackers, elf’s, presents, and everything one could ask for. (Including reallyyyy good looking boys : )
White and dark chocolate fondu stations set up with marshmallows and delish cookies to dunk
- Three bars with no lines
- A ice sculpture of Stewie carved out to be Stewie Vader… Or Darth Stewie?
- The host of the party was dressed oh so classy in a black tuxedo with white blazer and red rose pin.
- The coolest photo station ever, but after waiting in line for twenty minutes to take a picture with Santa Chewbacca and his elf, they were randomly ushered downstairs to the transformed tennis court to put on a show with ten storm troopers. With sad pouty faces we just decided to pose with light sabers. (Hello, this is LA, there is no shortage of extras slash under studies!)
- Mr. Macfarlane’s giant tennis court was converted into a large tent housing Ron Jones and his forty four piece band in addition to a very spacious dance floor. Mr. Jones was the perfect man to conduct this event as he has Star trek, Mission Impossible, American Dad, and Family Guy on his very lengthy resume.
- A few of the four hundred-ish guests included: Ryan Phillippe, Bill Mahr, Clifton Collins Jr., Sam Trammel from True Blood, Alissa Milano, Rembrandt Flores, Audrina Patridge, Seth Green, Michael Baruch, Zach Braff, the Sham Wow guy, Levar Burton, and Andy Hewitt. LA natives, Sara Paxton, Paris Hilton, Sabrina Yadegar, Justin Murdock, Tyson Park, Adam Daneshgar, Harry Morton and many many more !
After drinks, dancing, friends, dessert, pictures, a lot of fun, and very sore feet, It was time to go collect my Family Guy lunch box and go home.
The saga continues as Luke (Chris), Leia (Lois), Han Solo (Peter), and Chewbacca (Brian) have evaded the dreaded Imperial Starfleet led by the cunning, and curiously short evil lord Darth Vader (Stewie), setting up a new secret base on the remote ice world of Hoth. With the rebellion in trouble young Skywalker must take the advice of his late, and rather lascivious, mentor Obi-Wan-Kenobi (Herbert) and learn the ways of the farce under Jedi Master Yoda (Carl) to save the galaxy once and for all. – Courtesy of Fox Home
Watch the “Something, Something, Something Dark Side” trailer here
I’ll have you all know that I lost my group for twenty minutes in taking these photos for you, you are welcome